Antivirus/Malware Support Engineer (Symantec Endpoint and SCDS)
Sandy Springs, GA
PCN is seeking a AntiVirus/Malware Support Engineer for our client in the Sandy Springs, GA area. This is a long term engagement, w2 with benefits or Corp/Corp. You must be highly organized and capable of communicating with multiple users.
- Knowledge of Windows system and network administration.
- Knowledge of advanced computer terminology, including TCP/IP networking terms and Internet terms.
- Basic understanding of computer viruses, spyware, and other types of malware.
- Understanding of Symantec Endpoint Protection virus and spyware protection technologies including Symantec Insight.
- Understanding of network threat prevention technologies such as firewall technologies and intrusion prevention.
- Understanding of proactive threat prevention technologies such as SONAR, heuristic based protection, and application and device control.
- Basic understanding of Symantec Endpoint Protection support of virtual environments.
- Basic understanding of the implications and ramifications of security risks.
- Basic understanding of database and web server concepts.
- Basic understanding of Mac client functionality.
- Hands-on Experience (Real World or Virtual):
- Deploy software packages to new systems and update Symantec Endpoint Protection on existing clients.
- Verify Symantec Endpoint Protection clients are online and functional.
- Respond to Symantec Endpoint Protection client messages and apply a solution accordingly.
- Create Symantec Endpoint Protection policies based on a specified design.
- Describe the components that make up the Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 infrastructure.
- Prepare for, install and configure the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager and client software.
- Explain the process to upgrade a Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager and client.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console and menus.
- Manage clients through groups/locations.
- Manage and apply policies such as Virus and Spyware Protection policies, Firewall policies, Intrusion Prevention policies, Application and Device Control policies, LiveUpdate policies, and Centralized Exception policies.
- Use reports and logs to identify security problems and monitor status and security events.
- Update products and content.
- Explain the options for updating clients.
- Explain how communication works between clients, manager and the console and configure clients to communicate properly.
- Integrate with Active Directory or LDAP.
- Manage the embedded or Microsoft SQL Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager database settings.
- Have a basic knowledge of Symantec Endpoint Protection replication, load balancing, and failover.
- Basic troubleshooting for Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Aware of the Symantec Endpoint Protection support tools including Power Eraser.
- Activate the product with the appropriate license or serial number.
- Create and Manage Administrator Accounts in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Console.
- Have a basic knowledge of Symantec Endpoint Protection domains.
- Design basic architectures.
- Distinguish between client-mode and user-mode.
- Design complex architectures (e.g., large sites with low bandwidth and multiple data centers).
- Interpret the results of reports and determine the action to take to remediate the situation.
- Use unmanaged detector feature.
- Install and configure Linux clients.
- Configure Symantec Endpoint Protection replication, load balancing, and failover.
- Configure and implement Symantec Endpoint Protection domains.
- Perform basic disaster recovery planning and implementation.
- Enable debugging and gather logs for technical support use.
Other skills needed to be successful:
This position requires a successful drug screen and background check. To be considered for the position you must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship. We do not provide relocation assistance.
Be a Part of the PCN Team
Inquisitive. Honest. Collaborative. Our customers use these words to describe the PCN team. We understand that our employees are the foundation of our success now and in the future. Because of this, we encourage our team members to be individuals, supporting teamwork, entrepreneurism, and authenticity. We look for individuals who seek enriching experiences and challenges in their projects and career. Our philosophy of a successful employee includes making resources and tools readily available such as mentors and continuing education to facilitate long term success. For open positions at PCN, please visit https://careers-pcn.icims.com/jobs.
PCN is a rapidly growing IT services company based in Center City Philadelphia. We support our customers in over 20 countries and strive to be the top DDI managed service provider in the world. Visit our website www.PCN-inc.com for more information.