Performance Monitoring Technologist
PCN is seeking a Technologist who works on one or more projects of high complexity as the technology subject matter expert and/or technical leader/consultant. When involved with a project team, acts in a consultative manner and typically does not provide administrative or management type of support.
The Principle Technologist works on the most complex tasks and projects, or supports issues that involve the highest degree of risk, impacts enterprise-wide performance and makes use of the individual's high level of knowledge within one or more areas of specialty.
- Work with SR Management to analyze current network monitoring tool set and make a recommendation on which to pursue.
- Deployment of Network monitoring tool(s)
- Researches and analyzes advanced technology trends within area of expertise. Identifies emerging trends and initiates research projects for team members.
- Coordinates the assessment of emerging technologies. Evaluates and may recommend new products or tools for the organization. Oversees cost-benefit and risk analysis and presents options to Sr. Management teams.
- Partners with leadership to define and communicate long-term technology strategy and planning for the enterprise.
- Assists and/or may lead in the development and analysis of source selection strategies.
- Works with service providers to ensure that their in-scope technical solutions are consistent with the enterprise business strategy and architecture.
- Serves as a consultant, trusted advisor and, as necessary, escalation point for issues. Provides project managers with technical consultation and advice, enabling quick response to inquiries related to the program/project
- Provides technical analyses to help define, assess and monitor the technical aspects of the program/project or services.
- Designs innovative solutions using new technologies. Recommends short-term alternatives when appropriate. Reviews proposed designs at key milestones and approves additional efforts.
- Troubleshoots existing information systems or networks to identify errors or deficiencies. Brainstorms possible solutions and evaluates alternatives against decision criteria.
- Coordinates the resolution of support issues escalated by senior operations, development personnel or service provider personnel. Guides vendors during the problem resolution process as needed.
- Provides technical expertise across business functions. Identifies opportunities to improve business processes via new technologies
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science, or equivalent work experience.
- At least ten years of relevant technical experience in the network monitoring space
- Exp with AppDynamics usage and support
- Experience as a LINUX Admin
- Automation as it applies to network monitoring
- Exp in network monitoring tool selection; previous experience in application interface; needs assessments; documentation; choosen tool deployments
- Relevant Architecture/Engineering Certifications.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, work well with others in an integrated team environment, and must be self-motivated
- Must possess working experience utilizing the ITIL Framework for Incident, Change, Problem and Release Management.
This position requires a successful drug screen and background check. To be considered for the position you must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship. We do not provide relocation assistance.
Be A Part of the PCN Team
Inquisitive. Honest. Collaborative. Our customers use these words to describe the PCN team. We understand that our employees are the foundation of our success now and in the future. Because of this, we encourage our team members to be individuals, supporting teamwork, entrepreneurism, and authenticity. We look for individuals who seek enriching experiences and challenges in their projects and career. Our philosophy of a successful employee includes making resources and tools readily available such as mentors and continuing education to facilitate long term success. For open positions at PCN, please visit https://careers-pcn.icims.com/jobs.
PCN is a growing, woman-owned, IT services company based in Center City Philadelphia. Over the last 4 years, we achieved an average growth rate of 20% and, in 2009, we were named a Top 20 Philadelphia IT Services Company and a finalist in the Philly 100 Fastest Growing Privately Held Philadelphia Area Firms. Visit our website www.PCN-inc.com for additional information on our growth and services.